Why choose us?

  • Free initial telephone consultation
  • Fixed fees available
  • Solicitors handling your case
  • Regular updates
  • Resolution members – we will help you deal with your separation in a way which focuses on the needs of your children.

During divorce or separation it is important to remember that children are greatly affected by their parents’ emotions and situation. Many children feel somewhat or fully responsible for their parents’ troubles. While we cannot directly resolve your children’s feelings, we can help you resolve your divorce or separation issues as amicably as possible, which in turn can help to calm your child’s concerns.

Our team of experts will answer your questions, keep in contact regarding all court proceedings, and explain any logistical steps that may be involved throughout your individual legal process. If you are trying to resolve contact arrangements mediation is often the most effective procedure for reaching a calm and friendly resolution.

If mediation is not an option for your particular circumstances, we will help you through all aspects of the court process. The court only makes an order in relation to children when it is in the best interests of the child to do so.

If it is necessary, our solicitors can speak with the other party’s solicitor to reach an agreement, advise both parties, and work to arrange the best solution for everyone. In order to do so we will look at your circumstances, provide advice, and inform you of all of your legal options. At this stage of proceedings we can speak with the solicitor and other parent directly or help with mediation referrals.

When the court process is the only means of resolving issues, one party must make an application to the court. The court has four orders they can make with regards to children:

  1. Child Arrangements Order: These orders regulate with whom and when a child is to live and spend time, or whereabouts they have contact with any person.
  2. Specific Issue Order: Deals with a specific aspect of a child’s upbringing e.g. which school the child will attend; a change in the child’s name etc.
  3. Prohibited Steps Order: This prevents a parent from doing something e.g. removing the child from the United Kingdom.
  4. Parental Responsibility Order:  This gives unmarried fathers Parental Responsibility for their child.

Other Relative Contact Situations

Additional family may be a part of the child contact situation. If for some reason one spouse has limited contact, grandparents may worry about their own ability to contact their grandchildren. Moreover, the circumstances of both parents involved may place  the welfare of the child at jeopardy. In these circumstances, there is the possibility of involving other family members who can help.

When it comes to grandparents and contact, it is possible for the grandparents to make an application to the court. The Court will need to grant permission before they are able to make an application, and there must be a good reason for these orders to be requested.

Call us for EXPERT advice on: 0161 761 8099 or email us at: [email protected]